Sunday, April 26, 2009

Say it isn't so.....Happy B-day!!!

15 years!!!
Birthday Boy with his new mountain bike!!
Nate with his usual baseball cake!


This past week Nate celebrated his 15th birthday! How can this be???? In my mind and heart he is still my "Nathan-boy"......around like age 6;) Yet as I reach up to give him a hug, I'm reminded that he can't possibly still be my "little" buddy! Each year around his b-day I slip into a depression of sorts, realizing how much closer he is to graduation and mission. His age seems to just magnify that all my chicks are growing too quickly and will one day, all too soon, be ready to leave the nest :( The funny thing is that I was ABSOLUTELY convinced that the Savior would come by the time Nate was say 12 yrs :) So I never truly believed that I would have to raise teenagers in this troubled world! Alas, Jesus Christ is not yet upon the earth :) Therefore I'm trying hard as I can to raise a worthy young man, ready to face the modern day trials. I must say how proud I am of him, the friends he has chosen and the example he is!
He has blessed my life greatly since the moment of his birth and I consider the role of being his mother an honor!!

Hope you had a wonderful Birthday,
"Big" Buddy!!!!

5 comments:

~Sandy said...

I just stumbled upon your blog today while visiting another blog and wanted to say hello! It's nice meeting another GA mom here on blogger. We are from Temple Ga.
Hugss, Sandy

Monique said...

my goodness! Happy Birthday Nate! How handsome he is!!!
-monique

danette said...

Aww, what a sweet post :). Happy Birthday Nate!

I kwym, my guys are getting big too fast too, hard to believe our twins are about to be 8 yrs old soon.

Heidi said...

I was just thinking on Sunday how grown-up Nate looked! I share in your nostalgia! It is almost unbelievable to me that Sarah will be a Senior next year. I also see Sarah as a 6 year old. I don't know how I could blink and she is grown. It is a scary time to raise a teenager. Each day for Sarah brings new heartbreak as she tries to live the gospel in a world that doesn't. She sometimes feels so alone in this world. Prom is approaching next week....sadly she won't be going. She made decisions to go to the Mormon one, turned down a couple of boys at school in order to be at the Mormon prom, but then didn't get asked to the Mormon prom...so she won't be going at all.

Unknown said...

I know this is late, but I hope he had a great birthday. I can't get over how much Tre's hair looks exactly like Nate's> I'll have to post a pic.