Sunday, November 9, 2008

Autumn Time!!

Yesterday we had a great family day!! We went to north GA to see the fall colors. When we left our home the temperature was in the mid 50's. When we arrived at Brasstown Bald to picnic and climb the mountain (the highest point in GA) the temp. had dropped to 48. Which in its self isn't too bad, but with gale force winds it was fridged!!!!!! Most of our picnic was spent chasing napkins!! We actually had to pull clothes out of the goodwill donation bag in the back of the van to cover the legs of a few of us that had decided to wear shorts. The climb to the top was only .6 miles but it went up about 2,000 feet in elevation!!! Almost straight up!! Everyone made it to the top, some with more coaxing than others ;) The views were amazing!
It was a great "family day"




Looking south toward Atlanta.


The kids were literally freezing!! Temp. was just above 4o on the look out point and the winds, well you can see how strong the winds were ;) Mtns. in the back are the Carolinas.



Our sweet "Rae" of autumn sunshine!!



Our kiddos are growing soooo fast, it was such fun to take a day to stop and see the beauty all around us!

8 comments:

Elder Nate Mountain said...

So cute!!!! It seems like I was there!!!
~Randee
(I was there=])

karen b. said...

Very Nice!! I'm impressed. Great pictures, Nate. Who's going blog dad's birthday tomorrow?

chrisnallynkids said...

these pictures are so cute!

Heidi said...

welcome to the blog world Deb!! my blog is "Heidi's Heart" and it is at www.kreitlein.blogspot.com

Karlene has one, Laura, Kay is setting one up for her missionary. Allison Thompson. It is fun and addictive.

Karlene said...

Yay, welcome to the blogging world, I have to warn you, it's addicting, but so much fun. Can't wait to hear more about the Mountain family. You can check out mine at
www.thezulutribe.blogspot.com

Kathi said...

Whoo-wooo !!! This will be fun to follow. I've run out of kids (at home)so I'll get to live
vicariously(sp?) thru you guys !!
I'm mailing your CD with the photos I took in Aug. Soooooooooooo sorry it took foooooooorever :(

Great photos !

Wendy said...

How I love your family. They are so cute with each other and I love these pictures. Autumn is my favorite time of year. Can't wait to see what you'll post next.

Alison said...

It's good to see your blog! Can you believe I've lived in GA all my life and never hiked Brasstown Bald? It's on our list of things to do!