Monday, June 8, 2009

~Family is my Anchor~

Ran and Nate are gone for a FULL week to High Adventure :( They left Saturday and starting today (Monday) there will be no telephone service, cell or otherwise.....so I will be doing something I have not done in over 17 years!!!! Not speak to or see Ran for 5 days!!! I know to some this is silly or even trivial but to me it's HUGE!!!! He's been gone A LOT over the past 3 years as Scout Master and I've actually gotten better with him being away, but not being able to speak with him daily will be a struggle! When he is gone it is always hardest for me to go to sacrament meeting without him. I know it sounds crazy yet as I sat on our short pew yesterday (the entire family would never fit) I felt like we were too light and like the pew may just lift off the floor. I felt this again as we four girls sat down for Sunday dinner. I know this sounds odd, but the more I thought about this I realized that our complete family, ALL six of us together anchors me.....when one or more are missing I feel the void, the hole, the "lightness" of a lesser number. Our sweet Randee actually leaves tomorrow to go to Girls Camp.....at dinner the two younger girls and I may truly float away :) I am thankful for the wonderful activities my children are blessed to attend and the terrific job Ran does fulfilling his calling, yet it does not change my longing for when we can be together again. Complete. Anchored.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

What beautiful sentiments Deb. I am feeling the literal bitter/sweet feelings of my wonderful Danny getting ready to leave on a mission. Our family will be missing it's resident commedian and his wonderful and geniune spirit. Hang in there. They'll be home soon.

danette said...

What a sweet and uplifting post...