Monday, June 1, 2009

HaPpY BiRtHdAy, Sweet girl!!

Our sweet Ali turned 9 years old last week!
I can not even believe she is that old already!! I remember how terrified I was to have child #3......to be out numbered as parents seemed so scary!! Yet, she has been such a gift!! I fell so in love with her from the first moment I saw her! She was the easiest baby (although ALL my babies have been very easy, lucky, I know). The past 9 years have flown by; she will be grown before I know it. Having her in our family with her loving, caring, righteous spirit is one of my greatest blessings~

A few years ago we started a tradition of giving homemade cards to each other on our b-days. This has turned into a favorite for everyone and so special to read the kind words from each family member.

Make a wish!!!!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * She was soooo surprised to get an American girl doll!!! She has wanted one for over a year! I sent the catalog with Ran to purchase the doll so he could show them "exactly" which one she wanted. Then she started saying, "Where's my catalog? I thought I knew right where it was!" Ran and I just smiled at each other knowing that it was safely hidden with the doll :)
For her party she took a few friends to see the movie "Up". I highly recommend it! It was touching and funny! We then came back home for cake and then went to the pool for HOURS!! It was a fun day!! ~Happy Birthday, sweet Ali Page~

3 comments:

Laura said...

What a great birthday. You should be so glad you got her that doll. I wanted a Belle Barbie doll for just about my entire childhood and never got one. I stopped asking for it after a few years because I never got one. When I was 16 or 17and making money, I bought myself one from Walmart even though I didn't play with Barbies anymore. My mom felt so bad that she hadn't gotten me one all those years I had been asking so she bought me this collectors edition Belle Barbie for Christmas. So, I'm sure she will cherish that doll!

Alison said...

Ali,
Happy birthday! I'm glad you had fun and got the American Girl Doll you wanted. Thanks for commenting on Chess's pictures. She loves seeing you at church and looking at/playing with the cards and drawings you make her!
Love,
Sister Thompson

danette said...

What a fun birthday :). I love that tradition of homemade cards from each family member, what a great idea!