Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Go, Speed Racer, Go..but not too fast!!!

Way to go, Nate!!!!

Nate got his learners permit today! Of course I had NO doubt he would pass! (some things are just easier being a boy, I see lots of studying and tears in the future w/ my girls) He actually turned 15 the end of April but he has known for a while that his eyes were bad, so he finally gave-in and got them checked :) No surprise he needed contacts, which has been quite the experience! Then he was gone for a full week to scout camp. So finally we were able to get him tested! Honestly I do feel old having a child that can legally drive with an adult in the car but as I sat in the HUGE waiting area today with all the other mom's and dad's hovering over their teenagers, I couldn't help but think back to 15 years ago......all of us parents in that room couldn't imagine this day would come so quickly!! How blessed I was 15 years ago to be reunited with someone I'm sure was my friend in the pre-existence!!
Grow he must, We couldn't be prouder!

2 comments:

chrisnallynkids said...

Yay for Nate!! At least you got a little practice being passenger to learning driver with me!!! I'll always be grateful for your help and patience and trust!!! :) :) :)

danette said...

Wow, congrats!